Communication Skills & Training
1 in 5 people in the UK have some degree of hearing loss. These valuable and informative bespoke courses aim to promote a positive attitude towards D/deaf and Hard of Hearing people. It will increase participants’ ability to identify the needs of deafened adults and give knowledge and confidence when communicating with Deaf and Hard of hearing people.
Bespoke 1-hour or 2-hour sessions are available
This course aims to increase awareness of all ranges of deafness and types of communication.
• Enable participants to correctly identify and use an appropriate communication tactics to use with a D/deaf person.
• Help organisations meet their obligations under the NICE guidelines
• How the environment affects communication?
• Identifying the needs of deafened people and their communication needs
• Explanation and demonstrate (where possible) of the different types of technical equipment used by D/deaf people
• Clarification of the different types of human aids to communication, such as British Sign Language (BSL) / Sign Supported Engligh (SSE) language interpreters.
• Learn Basic British sign language eg; Where you live, family etc :